Everyone aspires to have a sound slumber at night. Likewise, there are many ways to do so, yet your sleep level can be determined by merely getting a comfortable mattress. A brand new bed is an excellent investment that can contribute to your overall comfortability and restful sleep. Gone are the days when you would typically go for a mattress with inner springs. Today, different types of beds are available in the market based on materials, shapes and sizes, and styles.
In this article, we’ll explore four common types of mattresses and their advantages and disadvantages to help with your purchase decision:
1. Innerspring mattress
This type is a standard option with a steel coil support system consisting of inner springs. The springs inside are connected into a single unit that makes up your bed. The higher the number of coils is, the better the quality of your sleep will be.
- Pros: It is a widely popular and affordable choice in the market with various firm options to select from. Also, it is lightweight, which is very easy to transport.
- Cons: It has a low satisfaction rating when consistently used. It is also less durable where sagging can occur within just a few years.
2. Coil mattress
As the name suggests, this mattress consists of cylindrical components inside. It varies from the least expensive to most expensive coils: continuous, Bonnell, and offset coils. These cylindrical components help determine the quality of your overall sleep.
- Pros: It can go from the cheapest option to the costliest one, which means that it can suit various budgets.
- Cons: The most affordable option can easily be subject to wear and tear over time. On the other hand, a quality bed will be quite expensive.
3. Memory foam
Foam has become popular in various industries, from footwear and automotive down to the furniture industry. When it comes to a bed, memory foam is known for taking your body’s shape and slowly goes back to its original form. For this reason, it provides a sinking feeling.
- Pros: It has become notable for providing the utmost comfort as it offers pressure point and pain relief, and proper spine alignment. It also reduces the accumulation of dust mites and allergens and can last for many years.
- Cons: Because of the various benefits it can offer, the memory foam can be quite expensive.
4. Natural fiber
Unlike other types, this one has natural fibers within the mattress. However, this type can come in various material combinations, from organic cotton to organic wool down to latex material from rubber trees.
- Pros: It has various benefits depending on the fiber materials used. For instance, organic cotton can last for up to 15 years, while natural wool can control the temperature. It also has eco-friendly options that help save the environment.
- Cons: Expect to pay a higher price for a natural fiber bed, as this product requires more intricate details in the manufacturing process.
At this point, you now know the various mattress options that are available for your choosing. Although each has its own pros and cons, it’s merely a matter of knowing what works best for you. Overall, be sure to strike a balance between affordability and quality when choosing the right bed for you!
We’re the go-to bed expert who can provide you with great insights on various types of mattresses. If you’re looking for the best mattress review in 2020, check our blog posts today to help you with your purchase decision.